Home

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Of bugs galore

In searching for information on the Four Beast mountain (SiShou Shan-the alliteration mountain), I came across this fantastic site listing photos and IDs of insects at the SiShou park. Unfortunately it's all in Chinese, but just click on photo lists and select from the list menu on the left sidebar.

Grasshoppers
Walking sticks
Earwigs
Cockroaches
Mantids
Hemipterids
Homopterids (Leafhoppers, Aphids, Cicadas)
Hymenoptera (Bees, Wasps, Ants)
Beetles
Odonata (Dragonflies, Damselflies)
Lepidoptera (Butterflies, Moths)

The last section on butterflies is disappointingly small, and doesn't have the larval stages, but hey, can't win 'em all. No moths, either, so I can't ID my caterpillars. But it is still a great start, and the photos are big and clear.

I am geeking out bigtime here. You'll have to excuse me.

No comments: