Home

Friday, June 29, 2007

Today I went on a little field trip with my Shi-Da class-as well as about 8 other classes and 5 teachers-to Yingge (鶯歌). It was a cool experience in a town famous for its ceramics, porcelain, and pottery industry. Our first stop was to the Yingge Ceramics Museum.


The Heavenly Official Conferring Fortune


Some more modern sculpture:

I love these two pieces, oh so much:


The Ceramics Studio:

My, er, creation...

And my wonderful lunch afterwards! Mmm, I will never get tired of beef noodle soup.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was there too! 你是哪一位?

Your creation looks much better than mine.

somimi said...

Figured me out yet? You actually got a snapshot of me! Tricky tricky...

Bismarck in Tainan said...

Hi Somimi, I know you from Forumosa. Followed this link from David's blog. Small world...

Envious of your Chinese class trip. We don't have that in Tainan. Just the classroom. :-(

somimi said...

Hey there! Indeed it is a small world...small island, even.

Ah, I'm sure there are plenty of places in and around Tainan that would make good field trips! I had no idea about Yingge until that day, and it was just a couple teachers that organized it, too.

I went to the Museum of Taiwanese Literature while in Tainan for a brief visit, and that was quite fun. Saw lots and lots of temples, too.

T.S. Tang said...

hola sonia! kevin here -- how goes TW? are you still in taipei? looks like you're doing a lot of culturefuntime exploration (i'm interning as a magazine travel writer so i'm doing a lot of the same things, and it's a pretty awesome way to spend a summer). anyway, we should def hang out and tour some cool spots together (are you going to 海洋音樂祭 this weekend??). let me know-