Home

Friday, August 17, 2007

woefullness

O, horror, o agony...

My poor computer is on the rocks. As I type (on my aunt's aging Inspiron), I am formatting my hard drive in preparation to reinstall Windows XP. But I think my computer's sudden failure yesterday (by the Blue Screen of Death + chkdsk) is hardware, not software, related. I might need to get my hard drive replaced.

Lovely.

So, I managed to retrieve those files I hold dearest while in Safe Mode, except for a surprising number of my photos, which had been corrupted. But, all things considered, I suppose it could have been much, much worse. At least this isn't happening around exam time on campus.

Anyway, hopefully I can get things up and working again soon. I feel like I've lost a limb. (That's probably a bad thing in of itself).

No comments: