Home

Sunday, June 3, 2007

WuLai: TongHou River (桶後林道)

桶後林道

That's where we went yesterday. Up into the depths of a winding mountain road. Ah, sounds so romantic. I have to say, traditional "mountain food" (山菜) is some of the most delicious food I've ever had. There was not a single dish I didn't enjoy, except for the spicy ones, since I'm too sensitive to spice.

But that was only the start. After eating that scrumptious lunch, we started our journey into the mountains with a guide and friend of my uncle's. It was a very windy road, much like the one I traveled last weekend. Luckily, it wasn't too nauseating because we stopped frequently to take in the view, and to...erm, play in the water. Three of us had swimwear on, and eventually everyone joined in at least for a foot soak.

It was a very lively outing, with a total of 14 people, including our two guides (a married couple).

As for the rest...well, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.


























No comments: