Home

Friday, September 28, 2007

DDD


This past Wednesday, the eight Democratic candidates came to my campus for their NH debate. It was a pretty exciting ordeal, and there was a lot of general hubbub with news reporters setting up their tents and cameras, and students parading around the Green with political propaganda. I wasn't really as excited as all these students, since I had other thoughts on my mind - namely, which classes I was going to take (it was the first day of classes, after all). But by happy coincidence, I bumped into some friends at dinner that night who were planning on watching the debate in their room, so I decided to join them.

Can I just say, I absolutely love Mike Gravel and Dennis Kucinich. They are by far my favorite candidates: intelligent, honest, and confident - without being arrogant.

Also, Hillary Clinton's reply to Mike Gravel about voting for Joe Lieberman's bill echoes the kind of reasoning that started and continues the war in Iraq:
My understanding of the revolutionary guard in Iran is that it is promoting terrorism, it is manufacturing weapons that are used against our troops in Iraq; it is certainly the main agent of support for Hezbollah, Hamas, and others. And in what we voted for today, we will have an opportunity to designate it as a terrorist organization...

No comments: